Five Reasons for Daily Walks
Daily walks are important for everyone. This is something that I have intended to do for a long time. But it took the COVID-19 to get me out of the house.
It just happens that I prefer the morning for my daily walks. I have read articles that say one shouldn't take the phone with them on their walks. However, I do take my phone -- two reasons -- 1) to measure my steps to be sure that I walk that mile and 2) just in case one of my agents really needs to talk with me about a contract issue or my family needs me. My phone does not distract me from relaxing -- it kinda keeps me more relaxed knowing that if someone needs me, I will be there for them.
1) Walking is free --- there is no gym cost.
2) Walking is great exercise -- it doesn't matter how fast you walk, you are still burning calories.
3) Walking connects you to humanity -- you get to hear the birds chirping, the wind blowing, leaves rustling, dogs running & playing, etc.
4) Walking gives you quiet time to think --- I come up with my best ideas while walking. For example, I thought of writing this post while walking this morning. My walks are always so peaceful.
5) Walking can connect you with your spouse or family --- if you walk with your spouse, you get to have quiet time together to "really" talk and share.
Today, I am going to take you along for one of my daily walks. I always walk the same path, because I have measured out exactly 1 mile.