Reciprocal States & Licensed Agents in other States

Which States are Reciprocal?

SC does not have a reciprocal agreement with any states -- sorry.    Reciprocal  states -- sorry

Real Estate professionals licensed in another state will need to take an exam in SC in order to be licensed in SC.

The SC License Law states:

Section 40-57-120. (A) The commission may recognize nonresident real estate licenses on active status from other jurisdictions only if the other jurisdiction recognizes South Carolina real estate licenses on active status. An applicant from another jurisdiction successfully shall complete the state portion of the applicable examination before license recognition will be acknowledged.

(B) A nonresident licensee, acknowledged by the commission, is not required to maintain a place of business in this State if the nonresident maintains an active place of business in the state of residence. A nonresident applicant shall file an irrevocable consent that suits and actions may be commenced against him in the proper court in a judicial circuit of the state in which a cause of action may arise or in which the plaintiff may reside.

The South Carolina Real Estate Commission — 803-896-4400