What about the Exam?
All About the Exam
As a condition of licensure, an applicant shall submit to an examination which must be conducted by the Department or a designated test provider at a time and place specified by the Commission.
1. The applicant must receive a passing grade on the examination, in accordance with a cut-score determination established by the Department.
2. An applicant who fails to complete successfully the examination may reapply to become eligible for the examination if applicable qualifying courses were completed fewer than five years before applying for the examination.
3. An applicant who passes the examination must apply for a license within one year, or the applicant must reapply for and retake the examination.
4. An individual who, at the time of application, holds a real estate license in another state or jurisdiction or whose real estate license in another state or jurisdiction expired not more than six months before application is required to pass only the state portion of the examination to qualify for licensure.
5. The Department or test provider is authorized to collect and retain reasonable examination fees. An applicant for an examination to be conducted by a test provider shall pay the fee directly to the test provider.
The South Carolina Real Estate Commission — 803-896-4400